Ralph S Blume, MD
Dr. Blume has a consultative rheumatologic practice with a special interest in inflammatory rheumatic diseases, including Systemic Lupus Erythematosus (Lupus), Rheumatoid Arthritis and Vasculitis. Throughout his career, Dr. Blume has received numerous professional accolades, including being recognized as a "Top Doctor" by Castle/Connolly and New Yorkmagazine, among others.
In addition to his clinical practice, Dr. Blume is a Professor of Clinical Medicine at Columbia University where he has an integral role Rheumatology Fellowship Training Program. Dr. Blume is the Director of the Harkness Report, a long-standing Columbia tradition for junior and senior residents on outpatient rotations to present cases to a two-attending panel. Dr. Blume's reputation and dedication as a senior educator in the Department has led this conference to be coined as "Blume Rounds".
Areas of Expertise / Conditions Treated
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Clinical Professor of Medicine
- NewYork-Presbyterian / Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- NewYork-Presbyterian Allen Hospital
Schedule an Appointment
Connect Patient Portal
For existing patients, login to make an appointment, view documentation or contact your care provider.
Credentials & Experience
Education & Training
- MD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Internship: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Residency: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowship: 1970 Columbia Presbyterian Medical Center
- Internal Medicine